Commercial Contents Restoration and Cleaning
Frozen pipe? Busted sprinkler head? Plumbing problem? Leaky roof? Your business has valuable machinery, supplies, and equipment. SERVPRO does more than just water restoration! We are able to help in all aspects of a loss. In the event of a fire or water loss a lot more can be damaged than just the walls and flooring, SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison can help save, clean, and restore your contents, equipment, machinery, and even important documents. Our team and network of experts can save the things that are important to you and your business. Next time disaster strikes your business or home, give SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison a call at 630-543-1700 at any time of any day. Let us show you how to recover from catastrophe.
Commercial Water Cleanup
Did you know that about 50% of businesses never reopen after a disaster hits their building? An unexpected water loss at your business can cause production to come to a screeching halt, but it doesn't have to be permanent. SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison has the knowledge and resources to help get your business back up and running. Fast response, knowledgeable staff, and access to valuable resources is key to maintaining business continuity – and we have it. Don’t let water in your office, shop, or warehouse put a stop to your business. Let SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison help get your business back on track for success. We are available for emergency services 24/7 all year long. We will be there when you need us.
Mold in the Workplace
Sometimes there are no physical signs of mold until we dig behind the trim or drywall.
Mold in your office, shop, or warehouse is a silent predator preying on unsuspecting people. Employees who are constantly sick, sneezing, sniffling, have itchy eyes, or just do not feel well are a sign that the air quality in your workplace may need some attention. For any employer, employee down time due to sickness is a drag on your bottom line. SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison has the resources, skills, and technology to find out if mold is lurking in your workplace. Commercial buildings have lots of places for mold to grow. Dark, damp areas are known to be places where mold can begin to grow. Restrooms are another area where mold has food for growth. SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison is fully capable to help locate trouble spots and provide solutions to remediate any problem areas.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
After a long, bitter cold winter, your business could probably use a good spring cleaning. The office rugs took a beating from dirt, snow, and salt. SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison is available to handle your dirtiest and filthiest carpet and rugs. Commercial carpet cleaning is just one of the many services that we offer for commercial cleaning jobs. We have flexibility to clean during business hours or after hours if needed. In order to minimize the disruption to your business. We have awesome cleaning and disinfecting products, and we can offer green solutions as well. Our products are seemingly odorless. Tough spots or odors? We have the skills and training to eliminate those problems. When you think green, think SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison! Give us a call for all cleaning needs whether commercial or residential.
Don't Skip This Commercial!
For every event that goes unanticipated, disrupts your business, changes your life, even reshapes an entire community or nation, there is always a lingering question: Should we have been more ready?
Ready or not, disasters strike at any time. Being prepared for whatever might happen is key to business continuation. It is not uncommon for a business to fail after a catastrophe. Quick response, tough decisions, timelines, and consultation will all need to come together to get through the next 48-72 hours. That’s where SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison comes in. Our emergency response to a commercial loss proves that we are leaders in our field. Whether it is a loss that can be handled locally, or a loss that requires us to utilize our network of over 1,700 franchises that are ready for anything, businesses can be confident that they are getting the best in the business.
Start developing your disaster plan today by calling SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison at 630-543-1700. Ask us about how we can help you be ready for when disaster strikes. Let us help your business be emergency ready.
Polar Vortex February 2019
January 30th the temperatures dropped to -22*F. The frigid temperatures caused any standing water in pipes to freeze and expand in the pipes. The expansion created holes and cracks. While the temperatures stayed below zero, the water stayed frozen in the pipes and there were no visible issues. During the next few days, the temperatures rose gradually, therefore; the water in the pipes started to melt. The melting water found all the cracks and breaks in the pipes. SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison started receiving calls for broken pipes and water damage to homes as early as January 30th. Our crews worked extremely hard to keep up with the demand of our services. One of the best parts of SERVPRO is the ability to ask for help. We were able to call our “Storm Team” in. Our Storm Team consists of franchises from all over the country that can spare a crew or two to come help with our disaster. Our helping hands were able to assist with all calls that were going to our national call center while we were able to focus on customers that were calling our franchise directly. We can proudly say our crews at SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison helped over 13 families and businesses the next few weeks after the freeze. You can trust us to be there for you for any restoration and remediation needs.
A frozen pipe can be identified by frost on the outside of the pipe or the water pressure is lower than normal!
So, you have done everything you could to prevent frozen pipes, but your pipes still froze in this record-breaking weather. You do not have a burst pipe, yet. The frozen water could be preventing the water from flowing out or the ice has not expanded enough to crack the pipe. Here are a few tips to defrost them safely without a burst.
- Turn off the water that supplies that pipe or the water supply to the entire home.
- Call your local plumber if you have any questions. The plumber is a professional and knows how to properly defrost your pipes.
- If you are confident you can defrost them on your own you can use a hair dryer, space heater, or a heat lamp to slowly defrost the pipes.
- Wrap your pipes in temperature controlling tape. You can purchase this tape at a local hardware store.
- Do Not Use a propane torch or anything with an open flame. These pipes are typically hidden under cabinets. Using an open flame to defrost your pipes could be a huge fire risk.
If there is a burst, the first person to call is your plumber. Your second call should be to SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison at 630-543-1700. We are available for emergency services 24/7.
Meeting the Customers' Need
Meeting the Customers’ Need
Once again, SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison has risen to the challenges of meeting our customers’ needs. During a mold remediation project for a school library, it was necessary to remove the only two heaters available in that room. Unfortunately, there was mold on the wall in that area and it was also known that the flooring underneath was positive for asbestos. Keeping in mind that we were already into December, the cold winter approaching dictated that we keep the room warm while the heaters were out of service.
We brought in a Phoenix FireBird Compact 20 Electric Heater that offers powerful, safe on-demand heat. This machine provided continuous heat throughout the remediation and abatement project inside the library. The heater was used for over one month to ensure that heat was provided to the room as the weather outside turned colder. We were able to keep steady heat in the library, which was about a 1900 sq ft area.
The heater is loaded with safety features and is fully NEC-compliant for continuous operation. We had peace of mind knowing that we were temporarily heating a building for a school while children and teachers were able to continue with their normal days.
Had it not been for the safe heating method we were able to provide, the school schedule could have been disrupted. The temporary heater performed wonderfully during the entire project and the teachers and staff could not have been happier.
Meeting the challenges of our customers’ needs is what we do. Once again, we were able to provide solutions and show our customers what it means to choose SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison.
Winter Storm Harper
Ice damming and pipe bursts are the main cause of water damage during the winter months.
Winter Storm Harper is on everyone’s minds. Will it hit us? How much snow will fall? If the wind is blowing a little south the storm could pass Chicago and its suburbs, but if the wind blows a little more northeast then Harper will lay a thick layer of snow on us. Whether the storm goes right through us or takes a small turn here are some winter tips to keep in mind.
- While shoveling, keep your feet hip-width apart. Bend your knees and keep you back straight. Do not twist or throw snow while shoveling. Instead walk the snow to a spot you want to put it. Only shovel small amounts of snow at a time. Shoveling is a hard exercise. Make sure you take plenty of breaks while shoveling. Heart attacks from over exertion are a major cause of winter deaths.
- Keep cabinet doors open especially in the kitchen and bathrooms. This allows the heat from the home keep those hidden pipes warm. Also, think about allowing a small trickle of water to flow out of the faucets. The continual movement of water prevents the water from freezing in the pipe. This could prevent a pipe burst.
- Make sure no furniture is blocking heat registers. This helps keep costs of heating your home a bit lower while keeping the pipes from freezing as well.
- Avoid ice damming! Ice damming is when the snow melts off your warm roof and refreezes in the gutters. Ice damming leads to the water soaking into the home creating water damage. To avoid ice dams, insulate the attic floor to prevent the heat of the home escaping through the roof. Also, having a water-repellent membrane installed under your roof can prevent water intrusion even if ice damming occurs.
- Only drive if absolutely necessary. Don’t travel alone, or let others know when you leave and when you expect to arrive at your destination. Keep you gas tank full. Also, make sure your antifreeze, windshield wiper fluid, and other fluids are full. In case you get stuck somewhere you want to be able to use your car to keep you warm. You should always have a blanket, extra gloves, bottled water, a first aid kit, and a flashlight in your car just in case you are in an accident and there is no one to come help immediately.
- A common misconception is that alcohol warms your body up. While the initial feeling of alcohol warms your stomach, the reality is alcohol is a blood thinner. The thinner your blood the faster your extremities (fingers and toes) will be susceptible to hypothermia. Try warm non-alcoholic beverages to keep your body warm or to quickly warm up the core after being outside for long period. (hot chocolate, coffee, etc.)
These tips are handy whether the storm lands 12 inches of snow or only a quarter of an inch. Use your better judgment when driving and shoveling. Also, make sure you are consistently checking the news for weather updates.
Why You Should Trust SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison
Our Crew Chief, David, is happy he got his certification renewed this year!
When a disaster strikes, the last problem you want is to worry about the people coming in and out of your home. SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison has taken the proper steps to ensure you have the safest and most qualified crew performing services in your home or business located in Lombard, Addison, Villa Park, Glen Ellyn, and Oakbrook Terrace. Our employees are IICRC certified (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certificate). An IICRC certification requires attendance to a 3 day course where they learn how to properly inspect and restore any damage caused by water, sewer back-ups, and contamination like mold. All the employees have a background check done upon hiring and annually. We want you to be able to focus on getting your home restored rather than stress about the people doing the work. SERVPRO has been restoring homes and businesses after water, fire, and mold damage for over 50 years. We have the experience and resources to help with any disaster.