April Showers Bring May Flowers
With April right around the corner we all know what that means. Rain, rain, and more rain. Here at SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison we at here to help you with any emergency water damage.
Here are some Emergency Water damage tips.
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don't enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don't use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceiling are sagging from retained water.
Finally call your SERVPRO of Lombard/Addison at 630-543-1700 for immediate service.